Solved

How to generate AR Aging report age based on a newly added customized date field?

• 4 December 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I want to generate AR Aging report age based on a customized date field which added to invoice screen. Please check the below screenshot.

So I think that to achieve this i have to add this custom data field to the “Age Based On” dropdown in the Statement Cycle screen. Please check the below screenshot.

So can I know if is this possible?

And if is this possible, can we maintain two AR aging report formats as one is based on default system Due Date and other one is based on newly added customized date field?

icon

Best answer by aaghaei 6 December 2023, 10:00

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @malinthawarnakulasooriya08 its not as easy as adding a new field to that drop-down and everything behind the scene adjust itself automatically. That drop-down only is used as a parameter that aging reports and the function that drives the aging brackets feed from it. You will need to update all dependent logics. It certainly requires a lot of work and I’m unsure what benefits it will provide 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thank you so much @aaghaei for your valuable clarification. This is a request from the functional side. I understood the complexity of this. And also Can I know whether if it is possible to maintain two AR aging report formats as one is based on the default system Due Date and the other one is based on the newly added customized date field at the same time? I'm asking this as, for all the calculations, the date parameter is passing by this single “Age Based On” dropdown menu.

Badge +18

Hello,

We can maintain multiple Aging reports by saving the reports as a different name/screen number, and adding the new report to the Site Map and Roles.

However, both would share one drop-down parameter as noted by Reza.

Since you are planning customizations for the drop-down, consider creating your new value as a different field versus using the existing drop-down. Then you can use an Iif statement or other logic in your new report to use the new custom field in place of the existing drop-down field.  Will this work?

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

Mistakenly by myself above answer was marked as best answer. May be it will be the best answer. However, I have some issues. Thank you very much @Laura02  for your valuable reply. Can you please explain little bit more this line “consider creating your new value as a different field versus using the existing drop-down.”

Badge +18

Hello @malinthawarnakulasooriya08 ,

Moderators on the Community can help you change Best Answer to Reza (@aaghaei ) ; click on Chris’s name in the Likes and send a message. Maybe Chris will erase these sentences after, so he doesn’t receive hundreds of people changing Best Answers to Reza, LOL.

I’m not a developer, so I can’t provide actual code.  I can provide ideas. 😉  Reza might provide some code examples for you.

1. Add custom fields to Statement Cycle, like this
  1. Change the logic in the report to use the new fields. For example:

If Use Custom Aging Field = No, …

Then use existing Acumatica logic to age documents …

Else  -- Replace Acumatica Due Date vs Document Date settings with your custom field setting - what the user chose on “Other Aging Dates”.

As Reza mentions, it could be a lot of work - I think you will need to add the If-Then-Else criteria in multiple fields on the report.

I hope this helps you!

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@malinthawarnakulasooriya08 

I believe @Laura02 has provided the best possible answer. Can someone with extensive report writing experience (not me for sure) or someone with coding experience can do it yes of course but If you are looking for easy solution for your inquiry, I can tell you it doesn’t exist. AR and AP aging other than reading from different tables, gave the same logic so you can search for AP Aging posts as well. Here I have provided two links so you can see the extent of change you want. It is not difficult but very time consuming 

https://community.acumatica.com/reports-and-generic-inquires-115/adding-additional-periods-on-ap-aging-report-ap631000-rpx-15001

https://community.acumatica.com/construction-120/add-more-aging-periods-days-columns-13480

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thank you so much @aaghaei  and @Laura02  for the valuable clarifications. I’ll try out this with the above valuable ideas and let know about the progress later.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved