Solved

GI date parameter is not staying set

• 7 September 2023
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have a GI that queries a custom SQL View using a custom DAC. This GI has parameters StartDate and EndDate. Both of these parameters are not required and neither have a Default Value.

GI Parameters

I am then using the StartDate and EndDate to filter the results base on the OrderDate as seen here:

GI Conditions

However, when I run view the inquiry, every time I try to select a date in one of the date parameters, it automatically gets cleared out to nothing - thus making the GI useless.

I’ve tried making the parameter dates Default to @Today, but when the inquiry is run, whenever I try to change the date, it automatically reverts back to the default.

22R2 Build 22.213.0010

TIA, Dave

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 7 September 2023, 19:33

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@davidrichards12  Can you please attach your GI here? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Here is the exported GI

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@davidrichards12  I don’t see any issue with the GI configuration, as you built this GI based on the SQL View, I could not able to see the output of this GI.

Possible to share the customization package or SQL View? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Here’s the SQL View

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@davidrichards12  Thanks for providing the SQL VIEW.

I created the SQL VIEW in my local machine and created a DAC and GI is working fine with the parameters and able to filter the details.

Please find the screenshot for reference.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you for looking into it.

I don’t know if there is something wrong with my machine or my installation that is causing this then. Most bizarre.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Something to note is that you haven’t included CompanyID in any of your joins and you haven’t included a CompanyID column in the fields that the view is displaying.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@davidrichards12  Have you tried by clearing the browser caches or tried in a different browser and observed the same issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@davidrichards12  As per Django's suggestion, please include 'COMPANYID' in the SELECT statement, so that in GI it will fetch the right tenant data. 

Although this is not related to the issue that you are facing.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Naveen Boga I almost exclusively use Firefox. But to test, I tried it in Chrome -- and I saw the same behavior.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@davidrichards12  Please create a new GI (Copy and paste the same) and check once and confirm

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved