Skip to main content
Solved

Customization Projects project deployed in one Tenant changes the other Tenant

• 26 July 2024
  • 4 replies

I have 2 tenants in one Acumatica instance, one is for testing and the other one is the live tenant.

When I publish a Customization Project in test Tenant I can see the same changes in Live tenant as well.
I don’t want this to happen. Is there something that I have to anything specific to handle this?

Can anyone advise me on the best practices of publishing customization projects?

Thank you.

4 replies

Badge +12

This is tricky. Some components of customizations are tenant-specific, but since tenants share the same database, database schema changes are changed for all tenants, as well as .aspx changes.

You can read more here.

Badge +12

In order to work around this, you can make code changes specific to a tenant by using something like the following:

public static bool IsActive() => PX.Data.Update.PXInstanceHelper.CurrentCompany == 2;

(where CurrentCompany == tenantID)

If this is added to a cache extension, fields added to the screen using this extension should be hidden when the cache extension is disabled. Similarly, when added to a graph extension, it will disable the modified business logic from running in that tenant.

Badge

In order to work around this, you can make code changes specific to a tenant by using something like the following:

public static bool IsActive() => PX.Data.Update.PXInstanceHelper.CurrentCompany == 2;

(where CurrentCompany == tenantID)

If this is added to a cache extension, fields added to the screen using this extension should be hidden when the cache extension is disabled. Similarly, when added to a graph extension, it will disable the modified business logic from running in that tenant.

With this when I need to move that same change to the next Live tenant, I need to remove this validation right?

Badge +12

If the goal is simply to keep it out of production until testing has been completed, then yes.