Solved

Could not transform licenses file into a binary resource - Error on Solution Build

• 8 August 2023
  • 7 replies

Good morning all, 

I recently did a local installation for Acumatica (version 2022.205.103.4522) and all the functionality is working fine, however when I tried to publish a customisation package, it fails with the following:

When I opened it in Visual Studio (2022 and 2019) I get this error:

..\..\licenses.licx: Could not transform licenses file into a binary resource.  
Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list.   

As anyone else experienced this, or found a solution around this?
Thanks

icon

Best answer by darylbowman 25 November 2023, 12:39

View original

7 replies

Sofar, In visual studio, I got get the Customisation Project to build successfully, but the project still won’t publish. Even a fresh installation does this. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have same error since 22R2(23R1) when doing debug for customization projects. never had this issue before. so I copy the code back to Acumatica customization screen to publish.

Badge +11

I just ran into this the other day. I did an installation refresh by running just a web upgrade on the same version of the installer and building ONLY the library again, and it functioned fine after that.

Incase it helps someone else.

I just hit this trying to build website for my customization project in Visual Studio into Acumatica 23R1.

Eventually I followed the overkill advice, and just deleted licenses.lcix completely from my installation folder, this allowed VS to finish building.

Badge +11

In case it was not clear from my other post, I believe the issue comes when trying to build the whole site. In Property Pages, you can turn off building the site, which is recommended by Acumatica. Still, it's pretty easy to do, and that's what causes the issue. Fix is to only build the project, or if you've already tried to build the whole site, repair the install by 'upgrading' to the same version.

Hello. Can you step through the solution explaining it like I am 5 yrs old? I have just installed a completely fresh database and web Acumatica. Created a new customisation project, specified a particular page to modify and saved it. Publish does not work due to the error as noted in this case.

So what is the workaround to the bug? 

» I did an installation refresh by running just a web upgrade on the same version of the installer

Ok, this makes sense, can do this,

» building ONLY the library again

What library? Where is it?

» ... Property Pages, you can turn off building the site, which is recommended by Acumatica.

Which Project/solution is this done in? Can you provide a screenshot of what you are changing from/to?

And could you provide a reference to the Acumatica recommendation?

» Still, it's pretty easy to do, and that's what causes the issue.

Does this mean changing the Property Pages (somewhere) will be a permanent fix and we can publish from the standard interface now?

Badge +11

@MarkOM - By your description, you haven't compiled anything, so it seems like you may be receiving this error for a different reason. The fix may still be to upgrade in place. It does not require compiling. Just that if you are going to compile an extension library, make sure not to 'build' the site in Visual Studio.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved