Skip to main content

I have a requirement to include a field for storing the user ID of the person who released the invoice. How can I achieve this? 

@kviranga38 

Upon the release of the invoice, its status will change to Open and the "last modified by" field will be updated according to the user's action, which can be utilized for tracking as no further actions aside from correcting or canceling the invoice are required.

Adding to @Manikanta Dhulipudi suggestions, you can create a new custom field in the header, override the release action, set the userID(which can be obtained using Base.AccessInfo.userID) to the custom field after invoking the base method. If you have further questions, please feel free to share more details like screenID, graph extension.! Good Luck,

as a caution, the last_modifiied_by field might be adjusted after the invoice has been released.  (e.g. users can attach files to the released invoice.)

without doing a customization to track who released an invoice, I found that the created_by columns on the resulting g/l batch shows who released the invoice at most clients.