Solved

Button for Customer Locations

• 17 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2

Good day,

I have several questions about buttons.

I am trying to establish a sequence when creating customer locations, in the customer locations screen when a user selects a customer and is going to add a new location, it has to press the button, so it automatically assigns the number for the sequence. If I Define the action with PXButton in the graph extension, it creates a button in the toolbar and when pressed it does the sequence, but it places it in the wrong spot.

First picture shows the button in the toolbar and on the top left corner the value.

I am specifying in the code that I want the value in the LocationCD field but is not working.

Then if I define the action with PXLookupButton(DisplayOnMainToolbar = false) there is no button in the toolbar which is good, but when I create a button control in the aspx the Command attribute doesn't seem to work. I can't link the code in the graph with the aspx. I did a debug and when I press the button it does nothing.

And finally, I want the button at the side of the LocationID field, so I used a merge layout rule to have those 2 fields in the same line, but I don't want the status field in the same line, so I created a new row and even if I change the width, it won't align with the LocationID field.

Someone has alternatives or solutions for these situations?

Thank you.

public class CustomerLocationMaint_Extension : PXGraphExtension<PX.Objects.AR.CustomerLocationMaint>
{
public int lastNumber = 0;
//Action
public PXAction<Location> clSeqNum;
[PXLookupButton(DisplayOnMainToolbar = false)]
[PXUIField(DisplayName = "AUTO", MapEnableRights = PXCacheRights.Select, MapViewRights = PXCacheRights.Select, Enabled = true)]
//Action method
protected virtual void ClSeqNum()
{
LocationSequence();
}

public void LocationSequence()
{
NumberingMaint numgraph = PXGraph.CreateInstance<NumberingMaint>();

PXCache cache = numgraph.Caches<Numbering>();
NumberingSequence numbering = SelectFrom<NumberingSequence>
.Where<NumberingSequence.numberingID.IsEqual<@P.AsString>>
.View.Select(numgraph, "LOCATION");
lastNumber = int.Parse(numbering.LastNbr) + 1;

Location loc = new Location
{
LocationCD = lastNumber.ToString(),

};
Base.Location.Cache.Update(loc);
Base.Location.Current.LocationCD = lastNumber.ToString();
Base.Location.Update(Base.Location.Current);

}
}

icon

Best answer by Zoltan Febert 18 August 2023, 20:02

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @orlandonegron43

You need to add CommandSource=”ds” to your PXButton, and you only need an empty PXLayourRule before your status column:

<px:PXLayoutRule runat="server" ID="CstPXLayoutRule2" Merge="True" />
<px:PXSegmentMask ID="edLocationCD" runat="server" DataField="LocationCD" AutoRefresh="True" ></px:PXSegmentMask>
<px:PXButton runat="server" ID="btnAuto" CommandSourceID="ds" CommandName="ClSeqNum" />
<px:PXLayoutRule runat="server" ID="CstLayoutRule3" />
<px:PXDropDown ID="edStatus" runat="server" DataField="Status" ></px:PXDropDown>

This is the result:

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved