Solved

Acumatica Table to Store Key/Value pairs for Generic/Custom Use

• 22 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Does Acumatica have a generic table that contains:

• A Key - a String
  • A Value - also a String, with an expanded value for the key, to be used in any way that is appropriate
  • A value type - optional, identifies the value has a format of String, Decimal, Date, etc

I would add custom entries to this table, as an alternative to creating a new table to store simple values that can be retrieved based on a user-defined key.

Thank you,

Randy

icon

Best answer by aaghaei 27 December 2022, 04:35

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@rdennisj57

It is what the Amenities & Attributes (CS205000) feature does in Acumatica. You define the AttributeID, Desc, and Type and Available Values for it and then use it in the Attribute Tab of the other Master Records Screens. Please note in order to use them in some master records, you might need to assign the Attributes to the entity class and then use them in the entity itself. For example, if you want to use an Attribute for Inventory Items (Stock and Non-Stock Items) you will need to assign the attributes to Inventory Item Class and then select the value for Inventory Item.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@aaghaei   Thank you for the suggestion. I have reviewed this table and the associated graph (CS205000). I can see how this would be used to define the properties of an ‘Attribute’, but where is actual value of the attribute? For example, there is an existing Attribute in the table, ‘COMPSIZE’, for Number of Employees. What is the value for COMPSIZE, and where is that value stored? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

@aaghaei  A follow-up to my last question. I JUST re-read your suggestion, and now I see the Attribute values are stored with the associated Master Records. My original request is for a stand-alone set of attributes (or properties) that are independent of any other master records. I can see a table, CSAttributeKvExt, that appears to have columns very similar to what I am looking for. I don’t see a DAC related to this table. Do you know how it is used?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Here is how data stored

The Attribute Types (i.e Color, Size … ) are stored in “CSAttribute”

The Attribute Values (i.e {Black, Red, ...}, {Large, Medium, ...} are stored in “CSAttributeDetail”)

The assigned values to records (i.e This Inventory Item selected Color or Size) are stored in “CSAnswers” and linked using Entity.NoteID = CSAnswers.RefNoteID

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved