Question

How can I create a dynamic graph extension

• 24 June 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I have a generic graph extension that I would like to get the extensions dynamically. For example I want dynamically get “TGraph” & “_” & “Extension”.

The TGraph is dynamic based on the base graph but the extension is fixed.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

CLARIFICATION

for example let say I am getting a graph ext like this

APInvoiceEntry_ApprovalWorkflow BaseAW = Base.GetExtension<APInvoiceEntry_ApprovalWorkflow>();

Now instead of “APInvoiceEntry_ApprovalWorkflow” I want dynamically replace the base graph part like this 

var graphExtensionName = $"{typeof(TGraph).Name}_ApprovalWorkflow";

how can I do this?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @aaghaei - were you able to find a solution for your issue? Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I found no way to do it so I had to iterate all extension and check for the one I need, example:

private MyExtension<TGraph, TPrimary> GetTeamsGenericGraphExtension()
        {
            PXGraph graph = Base.TypelessClone();
            PXGraphExtension graphExt = null;
            MyExtension<TGraph, TPrimary> graphGenericExt = null;
            int i = 0;

do
            {
                graphExt = graph.GetExtension(i++);
                graphGenericExt = graphExt as MyExtension<TGraph, TPrimary>;
            } while (graphExt != null && graphGenericExt == null);

return graphGenericExt;
        }

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Hughes Beausejour @Chris Hackett 

I do really appreciate the response Hughes. What I ended up doing couple of months ago when I was working on this, was to write a case Method to check the Base Graph and return the expected Extension.

i have already implemented and tested the project I was working on it but I will utilize your suggested method next time I come across similar issue to see how it works. Considering we should have a very limited number of extension records, the loop shouldn’t pose performance degradations.

Thanks again.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved