Solved

Restrict user to see his Business account, customer owned by him.

• 7 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi Community

I would like to see the records belongs to owner of the account. Should not able to provide access to see other Business account or Leads owned by others.

I am able to create a Gi and filter by Owner - Michael, able to get the records owned by him but when I search the other business account in the document form User can able to see other Business account owned by others.

Do we have any option to restrict user to see only his accounts,customer or leads.

icon

Best answer by Jin Kim 9 November 2023, 04:27

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @manikantad18 

There is nothing currently with Row Level security for Business Accounts. 

Not sure if it will help at all but in 2023R2, there will be the assignments of Leads, Contacts and Business Accounts by Region (territory) which appears to have some new approvals and security along with it. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

What I’ve done is to take away their access to the “browsing” elements of the screen (Next,Last,etc.) and the Business Account field. 

I have the filter @me at the generic inquiry so that they can only see their Business Accounts. That way, they can only access the ones they own.

Would that work for you?

Userlevel 3
Badge

You should be able to using Restriction Groups.  Here is the help article, hopefully this helps. Managing visibility with restriction groups

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved