Solved

Processing Joint Ventures

• 28 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi,

Could you please provide any idea or document related to processing Joint Ventures through Acumatica construction edition. 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by vkumar 11 January 2022, 07:16

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @dsenevirathne54 

Wish you happy new year!

Please elaborate your requirement with an example to check this further. 

Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge

@dsenevirathne54 were you able to find the information? If not please give @vkumar the information requested. Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @vkumar ,

Wishing you a Happy new year. 

I could find some information and I will elaborate the case. Please share your ideas. 

Joint Venture (JV) is an agreement between two or more parties to execute a agreed task. this is considered as a separate legal entity. most of the times the task is a construction project. 

The parent company (Participants to the JV and the company we are implementing Acumatica) contribute resources to the JV as agreed and will record in the company ledger. 

In Acumatica we can create a project and can perform project activities under cost budget for the contribution company made to the JV. and the revenue will be recognized under the revenue budget. 

The issue is we need to prepare Financial Statements(BS, P&L, Cash Flow) for the JV which shows the company profit and costs made out of this JV. This is bit complicated because the company uses the same ledger to record transactions. I don’t think opening branches for JVs will not be suitable because most of these projects are not longer than 3-4 years. and there will be several JVs at a time. 

Further company need to generate list of transactions for the JV, and a Trial Balance .

My solution being developing is to handled the JV through Projects form and generate a customized reports to prepare Financial statements and transaction details based on the project form not relaying on General Ledger.  

Appreciate your thoughts  and my apologies on delays due to busy schedules.  

Thanks,

Dulanjana

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @dsenevirathne54 

I agree with the approach you have mentioned above, using Project to handle JV and use Customized reports to reflect Financial statement per JV. That looks like more suitable option here. 
Regards,

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @vkumar ,

Thanks for the idea.

Regards,

@dsenevirathne54 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved