Solved

is it possible to turn off project tasks from defaulting in certain modules?

• 25 August 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

We have specified a default task at the Construction > Project level so that individuals entering time don’t have to bother with a task.

However this delegates to everything. Our accounts payable team has to manually tab back after selecting the project and change the task in modules such as Bills and Adjustments.

I know there is coding that tells it to look for default task selection and insert if yes but don’t have experience with modifying to that degree.

icon

Best answer by Heidi Dempsey 1 November 2022, 16:05

View original

9 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

I have one idea that may help.  We can set tasks to be hidden module by module. I don’t know if the task that is meant to be the default for time entry could be hidden in other places such as AP Bills. In this example, our internal task PTO can only be seen in Time & Expense entries.

Badge +18

Here is a second idea: we can specify different task defaults based on accounts, in the Project Defaults tab. This may help if the account used on the AP Bill is something different from the account used in Time Entry:

Userlevel 3
Badge

Laura - thanks for the reply. I don’t think the visibility will work because we still need to change task to get new set of cost codes.

I tried the second idea in our test environment and even when specifying the account first then project it was grabbing the default task. But I’ll try further tomorrow.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @brandontfrank - did you find a solution for this one? Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Chris Hackett no I have not. The suggestions above did not work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@brandontfrank  The default task will populate on each screen, however @laura01 suggestion of hiding tasks from Time and Expense module will allow them to select the task wanted- Example I have task 10 and 20, I hid task 20 from Time and Expense so task 10 was the only option.  It does not default on the grid, but it is the only one that can be selected.   Please enter this on the ideas section of the community, more people may request this functionality.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Heidi Dempsey thanks for the response. The main screen we’re looking to change this from, at this time, is the Bills and Adjustment. When we enter a bill and begin to populate the DETAILS information and get to the Task field, that is where the project specified task is defaulting.

Here is an example. This is from the Bills and Adjustments screen. After filling out the document related portion and moving down to the details… after we select the Project > the task is then auto populating. Which is to be expected since we have a project level default task.

The L01 that it’s populating is specified as the default task for all our projects. We have it that way so that field employees can easily find their cost codes, without having to select a task. Our goal was to simplify time entry for field as much as possible and that was just another layer to simplifying it. However that obviously carries over to all modules in Acumatica. Accounting has to manually change this task to 01, as an example, to see their applicable cost codes.

So ideally, if we could turn it off from defaulting in Bills and Adjustments that would be what we’re after.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@brandontfrank There is not a way right now to turn off a task defaulting for AP.  This is a good idea that others might want to vote on , so please enter it under the Ideas section.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Heidi Dempsey when I look into the Customization Project Editor > Screen AP301000 > Tab > Details > Grid: Transactions I see the entry for Project Task and the Attributes reveals information about checking to see if default is chosen

I don’t know enough about the customization portion of Acumatica but was thinking there would be a way to edit that logic and have it not default?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved