Solved

How to avoid Time Cards consecutive week entries (ie. skip a few weeks)

Userlevel 3
Badge

We may have 150 to 300 employees every month in construction.  On site workers may be on a project for 2 weeks or 6 months.  They may be off for 3 months or take vacations etc.

Time Cards in Acumatica (I made an import scenario from their excel timesheets) forces every entry to the next week regardless of the week that is attempted to be entered.

Does anyone know a way to ‘miss weeks’?  It’s ridiculous to track a large amount of people that may not have worked for 1 or 12 weeks and when they return we have to enter a pile of zero time cards to fill the blanks.

icon

Best answer by freboredo 18 March 2022, 03:40

View original

19 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

There is one option we discover which is hidden in Acumatica that could help. If you go to the employee screen EP203000 and then select then select the employment history tab there is a generate a timecards button. When selected it will prompt for an end date. If this has not changed in newer version once you select generate it will generate and release 0 hours timecards for the period entered.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Looks like I’ll be able to schedule 2 scenarios; one to generate the cards, then a second to update vs insert the weeks that are not zero.  This might work for us, other than the likely-hood of having thousands of empty weeks over a short period of time.

Thanks Freboredo for your insight.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Found this thread:

Timecards are designed to prevent people from accidentally missing weeks. This is important for paychecks and project totals.

When a new employee enters their first timecard, the system will default to the current week … and the week can be modified. The situation you described occurs when a previous timecard has been submitted.

People have suggested adding an over-ride feature for seasonal employees. If you have this need, you should vote for the idea here: https://community.acumatica.com/ideas/ability-to-modify-weeks-on-the-timecard-screen-751 

I of course voted yes; however it’s been there a year and only has 4 votes, so not likely anything will happen with this.

Would a customization be possible to remove this restriction?

Userlevel 1

just a quick update on where to locate the Generate Time Cards button on the Acumatica Cloud ERP 2022 R1 (Build 22.115.0035 +)

This added functionality works great. Very efficient in everting multiple weeks with a couple of clicks, instead of submitting zero hours timesheets and then having to go through an approval process in order to get them released.  Love it! 

Userlevel 1

I ran into an error when generating time cards and discovered, you MUST be a DELEGATE in order to generate time cards. The action should work when you are a delegate.

Userlevel 3
Badge

As you all know, this process creates released time cards. Is there a way to create them in On Hold status?

Option to generate time cards is not available unless employee is a system user. Any other workarounds for this?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks, @freboredo. Your 1 year old answer still works! 😀

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Option to generate time cards is not available unless employee is a system user. Any other workarounds for this?

No option at this time. I created a Import Scenario in order to do it manually. Beside for another need( in my case for a specific employee class) i created a G.I. with a business event (with an action button) to create Timecard automaticly , and let them at Hold. I did it for my specific need but you can image something different depending on the context 

Userlevel 3
Badge

i created a G.I. with a business event (with an action button) to create Timecard automaticly , and let them at Hold. I did it for my specific need but you can image something different depending on the context 

Hi @raphrf  … would you be so kind to xml export your GI?  Looks to be a great starting point for what we’re trying to accomplish.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

i created a G.I. with a business event (with an action button) to create Timecard automaticly , and let them at Hold. I did it for my specific need but you can image something different depending on the context 

Hi @raphrf  … would you be so kind to xml export your GI?  Looks to be a great starting point for what we’re trying to accomplish.

Hi, Here is the XML of the business event, i think that if you import the business event that will import the GI. isnt it?

If it’s work :

• In the GI, “Semaine” is Week in french
  • In the GI , please customize it and remove these unwanteds conditions

Let me know!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi, Here is the XML of the business event, i think that if you import the business event that will import the GI. isnt it?

If it’s work :

Let me know!

The GI would need to be exported separate to the business event which is here:

That’ll give the relations / conditions etc. in the GI:

and thank you very much!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

If it’s work :

Let me know!

The GI would need to be exported separate to the business event which is here:

That’ll give the relations / conditions etc. in the GI:

and thank you very much!

Hi know for the GI, i read that the B.E. should have the G.I. attached but maybe it’s in a customisation package…

Here is the GI 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you very much - this is awesome!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Last item I believe @raphrf .. the business event references: ZZ Create time card v2

I believe it’s probably your import scenario, do you have that as well?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Last item I believe @raphrf .. the business event references: ZZ Create time card v2

I believe it’s probably your import scenario, do you have that as well?

Here is the import scenario

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you very much for your help!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thank you very much for your help!

It's a pleasure, let me know if you have questions or advices!

You are a contractor (end user) or a consultant?!

Userlevel 3
Badge

It's a pleasure, let me know if you have questions or advices!

You are a contractor (end user) or a consultant?!

We run a development company, construction management and about a dozen subcontract companies; but yes, end user here.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved