Solved

How is the travel expense recorded in Project?

• 2 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello all,

I have been practicing allocation rules on Sales Demo snapshot and found one of the projects that have the travel expenses recorded as a part of allocation. I would like to know how is the travel expense recorded via allocation?

How can I set the allocation to generate such Travel transaction?

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by Heidi Dempsey 2 February 2024, 17:58

View original

5 replies

Badge +18

You are showing an allocation rule that marks up a previous travel transaction for billing based on a markup % that is recorded in a project attribute.

1. Travel transaction is entered by user to GL account that has TRAVEL account group.
  2. Allocation Rule marks up the travel transaction from step 1.

If you want the Allocation rule to create the original travel expense then set Allocation Method on Calculation Rules tab to Allocate Budget instead of Allocate Transaction.

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @Laura02 ,

Can you explain in some more detail? Like how a trxn is created in the above scenario that I have mentioned. Would be grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Badge +18

Yes, certainly I can explain in detail options to enter Expense Claims and related expenses.  Please read the last response in the following post where I answered the exact same question for you yesterday.

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

Yes, certainly I can explain in detail options to enter Expense Claims and related expenses.  Please read the last response in the following post where I answered the exact same question for you yesterday.

Laura

So would that mean that if I create a Travel expense record in PM Trxn then this allocation rule would run and generate the PM trxn of Allocation Doc type??

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Harry  we have some great classes on our university that will help you use the project module.  Try P100, P120. P200, these are the construction related courses: V300 and V310.  Content Library (litmos.com) .  There are also great videos on YouTube.  Message me and we can get you set up with one of our partners.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved