Question

Employee Hours Report

• 9 October 2023
  • 17 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Has anyone had challenges with the out of the box reports in Acumatica when they do a system update?

I always used the “Employee Hours" Report in the Construction Module to keep track of the amount of labor in the jobs. This is just one example of a report that no longer works after Acumatica did an update.

It now produces nothing:

Another report that I copied, edited, and saved on my own no longer shows the cost in projects.

Acumatica updates can be frustrating.

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @bzelinski 

What version did you recently update to?  

Also, are there any customizations related to Construction that are published?

Did you customize this report in the old version?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@bzelinski what i noticed with acumatica updates is that some custom reports get reverted back to the out of the box version.  i like to emphasize that those type of reports and/or inquiries should be reviewed in detail in the sandbox prior to upgrading. this is something i learned the hard way. 

also, sometimes recalculating project balances help refresh some of the information. i noticed this works well with the WIP report but it might be worth a shot? 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @kandybeatty49,

They called it the Minor Update 8. They were trying to resolve an issue that we had in the service module, so they created this update for us which actually didn’t solve the issue yet. :-) One of the reports I did not customize. It’s still the out-of-the-box Employee Hours report in Construction. The other one was a customized one.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@iqraharrison48 Thanks for the ideas. I tried recalculating the project balances and it still doesn’t work. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @kandybeatty49,

They called it the Minor Update 8. They were trying to resolve an issue that we had in the service module, so they created this update for us which actually didn’t solve the issue yet. :-) One of the reports I did not customize. It’s still the out-of-the-box Employee Hours report in Construction. The other one was a customized one.

HI @bzelinski 

For the out of the box report, what are your report parameters and Additional Sort features?

I would have your Acumatica partner (if you are a customer) log a ticket with Acumatica. I know this has been an issue in the past with updates and upgrades where out of the box reports do not work. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

@kandybeatty49 

Here are the report perameters with no additional sort or filters. It looks the same as yours.:

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@kandybeatty49

Here are the report perameters with no additional sort or filters. It looks the same as yours.:

Hi @bzelinski 

It may be due to a large number of records being returned. If that’s the case, you would need to have someone look at the SQL. 

You could try uploading a prebuilt report from Acumatica. (It won’t let me upload one here for you)

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @bzelinski 

I looked at some history on this report, and something that seems ancillary, but may be the culprit.

In our User Configuration, there is a “linked entity”, which is typically an employee.  That makes the user login / employee relationship.  When the ‘linked entity’ was blank, the employee hours report was blank as it could not verify the user running the report had permission to see other employee labor figures.

I also found some comments about report tables.  Since the report is driven by time activities, there was a point where the logic changed, CRPMTimeActivity to PMTimeActivity.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Good Morning @joelhoffman 

Thanks for your input. I checked all of our employees, and they all have “Linked Entities”. It the report schema it already has the PMTimeActivity. 

I am a system administrator with access to everything in the system, so I would think I should be able to see the results of this report. It’s probably something simple, but this report still comes up blank. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@bzelinski ,

If you would kindly enter a support case, we can dive deeper into your situation.

Thanks.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks, @joelhoffman. I’ve been in touch with Aktion who usually submits the cases for us.

Userlevel 4
Badge

I’ve never been able to make this report work. I’ve already resorted to custom reporting. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Is there any way I can submit a support case myself on this issue, or do I always have to do it though our VAR? When I try to submit a support case it appears that I am only allowed to submit cases related to an Acumatica University course.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @bzelinski - I spoke to support and they updated your profile to access it. You should log out to refresh and try again.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Chris Hackett 

Thank you for the way you keep your eye on this forum and do your best to see that we eventually get answers. Much appreciated.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @bzelinski were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Chris Hackett,

Our VAR had an open case about it already, so I did not open another case, but no, it has not been resolved yet. The last that I heard on it from our VAR:

“Acumatica is currently looking into this report challenge, and I will let you know as soon as I hear a resolution for this report discrepancies.” 

Thanks, @Chris Hackett for keeping your eye on it. :-)

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved