Solved

Default Branch for Projects used for AP, POs, Expenses, Transactions

• 15 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

Any expenses and documentation associated with a project should follow the default branch of the project, not the branch you happen to be in. It is unrealistic for every employee to change the branch they are in to put in an expense for that branch. In Project Management and Construction in general, the project branch should rule all. We have to change the branch on every expense, payroll, AP, Subcontracts, POs, and project transactions. Every company I have talked to that uses branches in the construction industry has this same issue. I talk to many potential clients and this is something they are concerned about to. This requires a TON of back end work to correct every entry that gets put in by employees not in accounting. Especially anyone using the App. There isn’t an EASY way to change the branch on expenses put into the app.

icon

Best answer by jsheehan56 15 August 2023, 16:16

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge

@sbarnett35 Acumatica has been unresponsive towards requests to add this functionality into the system. This is a critical design need that has been sitting in the ideas section for years at this point. 

We’ve taken to customization projects to add this needed feature. To my knowledge it is not on any roadmap for future release, but I’d love to know if that is still the case. 

Today, Acumatica recommends utilizing adjusting journal entries at period end to ensure entries are assigned towards the correct branch, which is not really a usable workflow for any client with a significant number of operating branches that run their own jobs and is very much a reactive solution.

I would advise everyone to vote on this idea. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved