Solved

Construction: Process to remove/return item issued to project

• 18 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I have not been able to find a successful method for this yet.

Wrong stock item was issued to a project/cost budget. The correct item has since been issued, but trying to remove or reverse the wrong item out of the project. I can do a receipt or adjustment back into stock on the inventory side if needed, but I am unable to determine how to reverse the issue project transaction to correct the project.

Thank you,

Greg

icon

Best answer by gbrazelton14 28 September 2021, 18:56

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Following. Likewise, interested in others experience with this type of transaction and generally about the management of INVENTORY with respect to PROJECTS. 

You’re situation sounds like it will be a common situation for others. 

@gbrazelton14 - I found that you could go to the inventory Issues and click on the Batch Nbr. and the new *** (three dots menu) in 2021 R2 includes the option to “reverse” and “reclassify” which may be the answer for you. I’ve not done any testing on reversing inventory “issues” to a Project (yet).   

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thank you @johnshaddix38  - I will need to check that out in 21 R2 - I think what I finally did was a Reason Code (type Receipt, account was actually the COGS account used in the original issue) Looking forward if 21 R2 has the slicker Reverse option.

Greg

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved