Solved

Change description on project budgets

• 13 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

i have a client who is using task, item and cost code on their cost budget.  everything has it’s own description (task is filled out on the task tab of the project) however, when i add the cost code to the cost budget, the description inputs the cost code description, not the task description or the item description.  i was wondering if there was a way to change what description defaulted to that (ideally, i would like the inventory description to populate in the field):

icon

Best answer by Heidi Dempsey 13 March 2023, 17:17

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@iqraharrison48  Thanks for your question.  Right now there is not, but this is a great idea to be able to choose which description.

Vote on these items - 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@iqraharrison48 @Heidi Dempsey 

Please help me understand. If the client doesn’t want to have the breakdown of the tasks then why add the Cost Codes to the budget? If they want to break down the Tasks further by Cost Code then bringing the budget line description from Task will create repetitive Cost Budget descriptions as all cost codes of the same task will have the same description.

Also if Cost Budget is not broken down by Item, them how the system should identify the right inventory item?

What use case am I missing here? Thanks.

On a side note, you can add a FieldDefaulting Event for this client to populate the default value as you wish.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@aaghaei in this case, the task is more of a broader description that’s used on both the revenue and the cost budget and the cost code/item would provide more detailed.  the other option is manual intervention which can be time consuming with the number of lines they have on their cost budget.  

can you provide more information on the FieldDefaulting Event?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Can you please provide screenshots of the tasks and cost codes because I am still not following if the description of Cost Code is more detailed and and different than task desc then how this defaulting helps?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved