Question

Appears to be a bug in Inventory Adjustments with Project-specific inventory

• 16 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

A positive inventory adjustment made directly to a project/task hits the project ledger as a negative qty/cost on the project ledger….  everything else in the GL and IN modules appears correct, but the project ledger is wrong.

the workaround it to do the adjustment to project X (this avoiding the incorrect project transaction) and doing a transfer into the project… but in current release of Acumatica (22R1 and prior) this doesn’t completely solve the issue from a reporting standpoint, since transfers still don’t hit the project ledger at all….  would be nice to have that fixed btw…

I have a business event setup to properly create a project transaction after the transfer.

But this seems to be a legit a bug unless I’m missing something obvious…

-Matt

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@matthewbeebe  What is the purpose of the Inventory Adjustment?  An Adjustment always debits inventory and then you designate the credit account with the reason code you choose.  Are you wanting to issue from inventory to the project?  Happy to schedule a meeting with you to discuss workflow.

-Heidi    heidi.dempsey@acumatica.com

Userlevel 3
Badge

thanks for the quick response @Heidi Dempsey 

Establishing an initial cost/quantity in this case… the GL side:

NOTE: I’m not sure why Project X appears here in the journal transaction (I’ve always assumed it’s because of the way projects came later) and a need for it to balance against something…

this DOES result in correct project stock cost/qty:

But the project ledger is wrong:

Project transaction: 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @matthewbeebe - were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge

No.  It’s a bug and an incomplete/missing feature.

You can bring it into Project X, then do a subsequent transfer into your project as a workaround to get one half of it done, but then you need to create the project transactions (which can easily be done via business event)

-Matt

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@matthewbeebe The journal entry you showed, credited the project inventory so the project ledger is correct.  The reason code is what determines the credit side of the entry.  What are you trying to accomplish with the adjustment?  Are you wanting to issue this inventory to a project?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved