Question

1099 Updates

• 5 January 2024
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

We noticed that many of our vendors were not designated 1099 vendors in the year 2023.  If I desigante them NOW will it still show them on the reports for the 1099 tax year 2023?  I added someone so they would populate but they’re not showing up on our efile.  Help!

13 replies

Badge +18

Hello, 

After marking vendors to check 1099 Box ON, update all the 1099-appropriate lines of all 2023 paid bills and all open bills for this vendor, to add 1099 box numbers. Then reprint 1099 reports.

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Laura02 so we updated the vendor in it’s profile and made sure to select the appropriate 1099 form.  However - the system is not reading that the checks issued to t hem were for 1099’s at this point.  Not sure how to proceed after modifying their vendor profile? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@katiedavison Note sure you read all of Laura’s post, did you do the following?…. “update all the 1099-appropriate lines of all 2023 paid bills and all open bills for this vendor, to add 1099 box numbers”

Userlevel 3
Badge

@dsimmerly  is she referencing this area? Sorry I am just not familiar!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@katiedavison  “update all the 1099-appropriate lines of all 2023 paid bills and all open bills for this vendor, to add 1099 box numbers”

This means to update the 109 box on each detail line of each bill for each 1099 vendor  as shown below 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@katiedavison here is link to Help on topic, this should help https://help.acumatica.com/(W(1))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=c05a843a-abc5-408c-aa2f-1c13861ab9bc

Badge +18

Hello,

To identify 2023 Bills for a vendor, try AP Register report:

To update the Bills/Debit Adjustments/Credit Adjustments, open each Bill/Debit Adjustment/Credit Adjustment by clicking on the Reference Numbers in the above report and type in the correct box number on the bill lines. Save changes.

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

@dsimmerly and @Laura02  so.. if we have thouands of bills - does anyone have a suggestion on how to bulk edit them? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@katiedavison You can use import scenario of possible a Mass update to complete the update of the records.  If you are not familiar with this functionality my suggestion is you contact your partner for assistance with the data update.  Below is a help link fro Import Scenarios.

https://help.acumatica.com/(W(4))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=6815d69c-8e42-46fc-8776-cce10dccad04

Badge +18

Hello,

I have one more recommendation:  DO return to your 1099 vendors and provide a Default Box # for each. When Default 1099 Box # is populated on all 1099 vendors, the process of correcting Bills in January is avoided.

Userlevel 2

#Laura02 - We have this setup for all the 1099 vendors, but it doesn’t seem to auto populate when invoices are created through a PO. 

Thanks

Jeremy

Badge +18

Hi @jdresel ,

I did a quick test for you:  in Sales Demo version 2022 R2, an AP Bill created directly from a PO Receipt does default the 1099 box number from the vendor:

If your 1099 box does not default from the vendor with customizations temporarily unpublished, then open a support ticket with Acumatica/your VAR.

Laura

Badge +18

Hello,

I did a second test in Sales Demo, to make sure the 1099 box populates to the AP Bill in both options:  when creating AP Bill with [...] action from the PO Receipt, and also when starting in AP Bill screen and adding PO Receipt to the Bill.

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved