Solved

Where is the PROJECT segment key being used?

• 23 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello all,
I would like to know apart from the Projects screen, where is the PROJECT segmented keys being used in Acumatica? Recently I tried to import some of the project records but some of them weren’t imported. Upon analysing, i found out that the Project ID that I had been trying to import is of 11 characters whereas under the segmented keys form it is only set to 10. Now I deleted the project records and tried to change the character length to 11, but it throws the following error:

icon

Best answer by Laura02 24 December 2023, 01:17

View original

2 replies

Badge +18

Hello Harry, 

Projects,  Contracts, TMContracts, TMProjects share the same key structure. Your question sounds similar to this previous post:

Reza recently answered a similar question in step by step detail for another community member who was trying to change project is structure. If the first link does not help than possibly this post could help you.  

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello Harry, 

Projects,  Contracts, TMContracts, TMProjects share the same key structure. Your question sounds similar to this previous post:

Reza recently answered a similar question in step by step detail for another community member who was trying to change project is structure. If the first link does not help than possibly this post could help you.  

Laura

Hey @Laura02 , thanks a lot. The second link really worked for me. I did not want to mess up with the production at first but your links helped a lot. Thanks a lot once again 😄 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved