Skip to main content
Solved

What do I install for Acumatica 2024 R1 for Visual Studio 2022 to function properly building Customization Projects?

• 24 July 2024
  • 3 replies

What do I install for Acumatica 2024 R1 for Visual Studio 2022 to function properly building Customization Projects?

I’ve looked everywhere for some kind of Acumatica SDK or Framework installer or download, but all the documentation is from 2021 and is 3 years old?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

@jochsenfeld Hey!

Creating a visual studio project is quite simple, once you have your local Acumatica instance up and running, and visual studio set up for .Net development.

I don’t know if you’re familiar with working with Visual Studio.

Here are the basic steps.
1. Create a new customization project in your Acumatica instance. Then open it.
2. Click on Extension Library » Create New​​​​​​ ​​​​​​​

3. Specify the location and name of the Visual Studio project that will contain the extension library and click okay.

4. This will download a file with the .bat extension. Run/Open this, and it will open a visual studio solution with some example files in it that you can review for reference. I would highly recommend deleting the example files before starting your own work.

Review the Acumatica documentation here for more details.

Integrating the Project Editor with Microsoft Visual Studio (acumatica.com)

To Create an Extension Library (acumatica.com)

Hopefully this helps!!

Yes, I’ve done that, but here is the issue:
What SDK or Framework installer for Acumatica 2024 R1 do I download and install to get Visual Studio 2022 to correctly reference these Acumatica dll’s?

Oh wait, the VS 2022 just all of a sudden refreshed and resolved the lost References.  
Weird…