Solved

User/Employee has a new email, how to disable old userid and create a new one with AD to assign to employee record

• 12 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I have an employee that had 2 emails (RC and RS).  She was added to Acumatica as a userid with the email (RC) using Active Directory.  Then an  employee record was created and attached to that (RC) user id.

The email (RC) associated with her userid is no longer going to be used.  I need to add her to Acumatica with her new email and userid for (RS) and associate that new userid/email with her employee record.

I am running into 2 issues:

1. I do not see her new email when I use the Add Active Directory User button.  
  2. How do I associate a new user id with an employee record when the employee record shows the previous userid disabled under the user info tab on the employee form.

Can I delete her old userid (RC)?  And if I do, if I try to add her new userid (RS email), will it show list the new email address under the Active Directory button?

If I delete her old userid (RC) and create a new one with her new (RS) email, will it allow me to associate this new userid to her employee record?

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 12 December 2023, 23:19

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @sheilao08 

Have you tried to start by Unlinking the Employee account and then changing the email address on the user?

You can also create a new System Email account from the User

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thank you, the detach employee menu option is what I was missing.  After I did that, I had to remove the old userid, she had not done anything really in the system so I removed her from company tree workgroups and then deleted her user id.

I then was able to recreate the user id and use active directory to find her new email and link it to her employee record. 

Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved