Solved

NoteID Datatype Acumatica 2020 R1

• 29 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Is it safe to Drop table or Change data type of some column in Tables Starting ‘AM’? because I notice some of NoteID Column has Int data type. it is supposed to be Uniqueidentifier. it causes error on my upgrade from Acumatica 2020 R1 to Acumatica 2021 R1

icon

Best answer by mvolshteyn 29 October 2021, 16:42

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @psletuana1  Is there any data available under the NOTEID column?

Some tables with NoteID (Int,not null) has no data and some has data. I’m planning to change the data type of columns with data to uniqueidenifier. We already tried it on our test server and it work and the dropped tables was automatically recreated during the upgrade but I don’t know if it safe to drop column with empty data.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@psletuana1 , I would say it is not safe nad upgrade might result in data corruption or loss. If you have a support contract, suggest to contact Acumatica support.  Anyway, please make sure to take the backup before upgrade

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved