Solved

Login to Acumatica API through SSO

• 11 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Does anyone know if its possible to login to Acumatica API using SSO/Active directory login?

Per my research it doesn't look like its possible, only though user name and passwords logins. 

icon

Best answer by eudescoelho29 12 October 2021, 11:05

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi Freshman,

I could not  make the API go though the AD sign-on either. I guess we will need to replicate the code/steps that is used by an Acumatica instance for AD sign-on.

Also, I noticed that I have the same issue with Report Designer that requires sign on to an Acumatica instance. For the moment, the sign-on was possible using a native user only. I raised a case to Acumatica about it. I will keep you posted on the progress of this case. 

Cheers

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks @eudescoelho29 for your response! I would like to hear what Acumatica Support will have to say regarding this. 

Let me know thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi Freshman,

the reply was:

“Unfortunately, as per the current design, the report designer only supported native users.

Currently isn't an option/idea for this so please go to https://community.acumatica.com/ideas and post your suggestion and vote on it...”

I have added the above requirement as an idea. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks @eudescoelho29  i voted.

I'm just wondering if logging in with SSO to the API is also a part of their answer, because you specified for report designer.

Have you considered using OAuth 2 for API authorization? It is supported by Contract-based API and OData, and it allows any type of login supported by Acumatica, be that native login/password, AD integration or SSO (including OIDC).

More information: https://help-2022r2.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=a8f71c44-9f5c-4af8-9d47-bc815c8a58e7

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved