Solved

Login to Acumatica API through SSO

• 11 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Does anyone know if its possible to login to Acumatica API using SSO/Active directory login?

Per my research it doesn't look like its possible, only though user name and passwords logins. 

icon

Best answer by eudescoelho29 12 October 2021, 11:05

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi Freshman,

I could not  make the API go though the AD sign-on either. I guess we will need to replicate the code/steps that is used by an Acumatica instance for AD sign-on.

Also, I noticed that I have the same issue with Report Designer that requires sign on to an Acumatica instance. For the moment, the sign-on was possible using a native user only. I raised a case to Acumatica about it. I will keep you posted on the progress of this case. 

Cheers

Have you considered using OAuth 2 for API authorization? It is supported by Contract-based API and OData, and it allows any type of login supported by Acumatica, be that native login/password, AD integration or SSO (including OIDC).

More information: https://help-2022r2.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=a8f71c44-9f5c-4af8-9d47-bc815c8a58e7

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks @eudescoelho29 for your response! I would like to hear what Acumatica Support will have to say regarding this. 

Let me know thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi Freshman,

the reply was:

“Unfortunately, as per the current design, the report designer only supported native users.

Currently isn't an option/idea for this so please go to https://community.acumatica.com/ideas and post your suggestion and vote on it...”

I have added the above requirement as an idea. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks @eudescoelho29  i voted.

I'm just wondering if logging in with SSO to the API is also a part of their answer, because you specified for report designer.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved