How to Optimize Speed in Local Instance

• 6 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello Acumatica Community,

I just started training in Acumatica University. I am running a local instance of 2020 R2 with Microsoft SQL Server Express. Everything seems to be working fine, but speeds on the local host are very slow. I have a brand new machine (i7 cpu, 16gb ram, SSD), but loading forms is still very slow.

I configured IIS with the default settings outlined in the installation guide. Does anyone have a recommended configuration to optimize speed on a local instance? I do not see any forum discussion related to this topic.

Also, is standard SQL Server recommended over SQL Server Express?

Thanks!

Andrew

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Its the database that is slowing everything down.

Get 2 more SSD drive and separate the data MDF and log LDF files on there own drives and it will speed up tremendously.   SSD are inexpensive like $50 for 250 GB.

1 - SSD OS

1 - SSD Database files.

1 - SSD Log files

Thanks Nelson.

Do you recommend Standard SQL Server over SQL Server Express? What did you use for Acumatica training?

Thanks

Andrew

Userlevel 3
Badge

Andrew,

It doesn’t matter really, the limitation on Express is the size of the database which I believe is 10gb.

SQL Express will be fine for testing.

Userlevel 2

Hi @abarney7288 ,

you can check out that article https://asiablog.acumatica.com/2017/01/useful-web-config-parameters.html 

here is some webconfig value can help to speed up process like CompilePages ,  InstantiateAllCaches , DisableScheduleProcessor  , keep in mind this is just only for the local instance, please do not try it in the production one :D 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved