How to Optimize Speed in Local Instance

• 6 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello Acumatica Community,

I just started training in Acumatica University. I am running a local instance of 2020 R2 with Microsoft SQL Server Express. Everything seems to be working fine, but speeds on the local host are very slow. I have a brand new machine (i7 cpu, 16gb ram, SSD), but loading forms is still very slow.

I configured IIS with the default settings outlined in the installation guide. Does anyone have a recommended configuration to optimize speed on a local instance? I do not see any forum discussion related to this topic.

Also, is standard SQL Server recommended over SQL Server Express?

Thanks!

Andrew

4 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi @abarney7288 ,

you can check out that article https://asiablog.acumatica.com/2017/01/useful-web-config-parameters.html 

here is some webconfig value can help to speed up process like CompilePages ,  InstantiateAllCaches , DisableScheduleProcessor  , keep in mind this is just only for the local instance, please do not try it in the production one :D 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Andrew,

It doesn’t matter really, the limitation on Express is the size of the database which I believe is 10gb.

SQL Express will be fine for testing.

Thanks Nelson.

Do you recommend Standard SQL Server over SQL Server Express? What did you use for Acumatica training?

Thanks

Andrew

Userlevel 3
Badge

Its the database that is slowing everything down.

Get 2 more SSD drive and separate the data MDF and log LDF files on there own drives and it will speed up tremendously.   SSD are inexpensive like $50 for 250 GB.

1 - SSD OS

1 - SSD Database files.

1 - SSD Log files

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved