Solved

Approval Maps - notifications that an approval is waiting your response

• 22 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello,

Looking to initiate approval maps for AP and PO’s under certain conditions.

Documentation indicates that a notification will be sent, but I don’t see how I link the notification template to the approval rule?  

Do I set up a notification template like this then Acumatica sends an email every time any document is created that needs approval?

icon

Best answer by rbrownNAW 22 August 2022, 20:42

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Yes you would create it as a standard notification. I usually use the source transaction screen rather than the approval screen so you can include more information about the transaction in the body of the notification. Once you have the template created you assign that in the same location as the active approval map. 

One thing to keep in mind with approvals is that there is not a standard notification when an approval decision is made and most people want something that says this has been approved or denied. This can be accomplished separately using a Business Event and a separate notification template.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Does anyone know if there is a good way to delay this notification by 24 hours?

Or send a separate Notification as a reminder after 24 hours?

As the Approval Inquiries/Database Tables are heavily User and Workgroup based, the Business Event route does not seem to work

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved