Question

Excell if a name have accent (andré) and you use pivot table with the actualize it chang for André.

• 22 September 2022
  • 6 replies

In the generic inquiry AR cutomers,  you have to be in French

you view query, you do th X to export that in Excell.

It’s fine André didn’t change the é stay.

In the excel file you do some pivot table.

But when you click actualize. All the accent changed  like André change for André.

Could you tell me how to correct it?

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

@dominiquemichel53 - After you export the data to Excel, select the data and change to “Text” 

Try creating the Pivot table after doing the above.

Hi I tried and it didn’t work in the data file it change for André.

Userlevel 5
Badge

@dominiquemichel53 - It looks like it has something to do with the ANSI Values. Here is an article that you might find helpful.

https://support.youcanbook.me/article/502-how-can-i-get-excel-to-properly-display-special-characters-in-the-data-export

I didn’t control it. I hit the yollow cross and it bring me to excel, An the accent are there

I do a pivot table, so after I have a work sheet and a data sheet. IF I hit actualize it change the accent

Userlevel 5
Badge

@dominiquemichel53 - Understood. I’d give a try to run an Export Scenario by using “CSV Provider”, and export the file into a CSV Format.

Thanks for your quick reply.

We need this to run for any ad-hoc Excel that the user might request on any screen so creating an Export Scenario is not an option.

The initial download works fine, it's only the refresh data from Excel that seems to be going thru a different path where proper translation is not done.

Dominique

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved