Solved

Systems Queues Monitor - and Push notifications not firing

• 8 February 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hoping someone can help. We are seeing issues where push notifications are not firing. we saw in the systems queue monitor that it’s flashing red. Looks like the queue size is exceeded. We have seen this before and don’t really know how we got it to resolve. But now seeing it again, so we need to understand what this means and how to correctly resolve and then avoid going forward. 

https://capture.dropbox.com/xFDP8rUPdoGwLAZs?src=ss

We tried to “restart dispatcher. that ran for 3 min, but still came back with red and a larger queue size, etc.

any ideas what this means, how to resolve and then how to avoid?

icon

Best answer by jinin 9 February 2022, 05:58

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi ckwiat46 ,

I am having Push Notification issues with the new 2021R2 .

What is the Acumatica build in your tests please?

Have you checked if MSMQ is correctly installed on the server ? 

Thanks

Eudes

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @ckwiat46 

Please check any GI associated with the push notification having any issues with Joins or conditions and if there any business events configured and import scenarios triggering events then the Q will get loaded

Did you try with Clear Queue Option and restart the application pool?

Userlevel 2
Badge

We are on version 2020 R2. build 20.208.0031

we have been using push notifications with no issues for many months. this issue has just crept up on us, so i don’t think it’s an issue with the installation of the MSMQ.

It does appear that there was a process screen automation of invoice release action that has been hung up due to an error with one of the invoices. Current thinking is that this process has caused the queue to build up and hang up.

Does this make sense?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @ckwiat46  I have seen a similar kind of issue in one of our projects and resolved it by modifying the generic inquiry.

Possibly the root cause will be the GI creation that you are JOINS and unnecessarily loading huge records due to the wrong join conditions and causing this queue size to be exceeded.

For the push notifications, it is always recommended to use the simple Generic Inquiry to avoid such issues.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

We are on version 2020 R2. build 20.208.0031

we have been using push notifications with no issues for many months. this issue has just crept up on us, so i don’t think it’s an issue with the installation of the MSMQ.

It does appear that there was a process screen automation of invoice release action that has been hung up due to an error with one of the invoices. Current thinking is that this process has caused the queue to build up and hang up.

Does this make sense?

Yes, @ckwiat46 . This could be a reason. We faced the same kind of issue importing a huge amount of data and also due to scheduler jobs.
You can Stop the invoice release scheduler and verify the Queue count is reducing or not. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

When we stopped the release action process, the queue count started to go down. so that was good, but we see it again now, but this time i think it’s just that the threshold was exceeded for a record or two. i increased the timeout to 90 seconds instead of the 30 seconds that was there. Will see if that makes a difference. For the GIs, they are simple, no joins, however, they are based on views that on their own may be slow to load the entire GI set of data. If this doesn’t stablize, we will look into that. I will report back our findings to help the next person (or to ask for more help?!). Thank you to all. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @ckwiat46 

One more suggestion
You can also give the Select top records 2000 or 3000. This way the GI load will reduce. Try once.

We have begun experiencing a similar problem to what you have been experiencing in version 2020 R2 Build 20.220.0016. We only use 3 push notifications with 2 having no joins and 1 having a single inner join so we do not believe it is our Push Notifications that are causing this but are not able to determine what else may be causing it. Were you ever able to find a solution?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved