Solved

Duplicate Sales Order Created

• 6 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello, 

We have noticed after creating a sales order that a duplicate is now showing up. It has all the exact same information. Same Reference number, same shipment number, same payment information. 

I added a note to one of the orders and it showed up on both orders, so they are linked together somehow. Therefore, I don’t want to try and just delete one, since it will most likely delete both. 

However, when I look at the customer account, only one order shows up. 

Does anyone have any ideas on how to address this duplicate order issue? 

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by brendan91 6 April 2023, 22:00

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

The order is showing up on this generic inquiry twice because of some minor issue with the generic inquiry. You may have 2 payments on the order or some other field that can have multiples. 

A quick fix is to group the GI on the order number. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@bclark , the issue is with your generic inquiry that shows a list of orders. That generic inquiry probably has another table added (like SOLine). Hence, the data can be duplicated (triplicated, quatricated, etc.)

If you can go to Customization > Edit Generic Inquiry on the Sales Orders list screen, and then share a screenshot of the RELATIONS tab, I would be able to give you more precise info.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @bclark this looks like there is an issue your Sales Order GI. If you export your GI as XML and share it with we can explain why it’s duplicating.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks everyone for the quick replies. 

@Yuri Karpenko  here is the screenshot of the Relations tab: 

Userlevel 4
Badge

@estebanperalta54  Here is the XML export. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@bclark , thank you! Based on this screenshot, it can be a number of things, but most probably, you have duplicates because of ARPayment or SOAdjust.

Unless you really need ARPayment and SOAdjust in this GI, I would recommend removing them. If you do need them though, go to GROUPING tab, and set up grouping by SOOrder.OrderType and SOOrder.OrderNbr.

Hope this helps.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved