[22R2]-Import Matrix Items, Template Items using Import Scenario, Convert Stock/Non-Stock item to Matrix Item and vice versa..

• 3 February 2023
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

In continuation with

The existing ImportMatrixItems customization is upgraded to 2022R2 with the below interesting changes. 

• Now there are Import Scenarios for both Template Items and Matrix Items.
Import Scenario for Template Items

Import Scenario for Matrix Items

• The Edit Template ID checkbox in the Item Class form which enabled the Template Item ID field in the Stock/Non-stock form is removed. 
  • The Template ID selector is always enabled and filtered based on the Item Class of the Stock/Non-stock. 
Template ID selector is filtered based on Item Class
  • The Is a Kit checkbox is enabled in the Matrix Item which allows the Matrix Item to be created as a Product Kit. Check 

Template ID and Is a Kit fields are always enabled
  • If the selected Template ID in the Matrix Item does not match with default fields with each other then a popup warning is provided to the user.  The fields that are checked are 
    Type
    Valuation Method
    Tax Category
    Base Unit
    Sales Unit
    Purchase Unit
Popup warning when default fields does not match

This customization package must be used only with 2022R2. From 2023R1, this feature will be included in the core product. There is a separate article for that 

14 replies

Userlevel 1

Thank you for this @KarthikGajendran, these are super helpful features!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank so much, @KarthikGajendran!

Userlevel 2

This import scenario is helpful if you haven’t already defined the template items in the system.  In our case we have all the template items defined and each matrix item will include all options of the template item.  We have about 250 template items with three variants.  To create one matrix item I have to populate 56 lines of the excel sheet.  When I look at the create matrix item screen it appears that the screen needs three pieces of information, the column attribute, the row attribute and the additional attribute.  In my case we have one.  

I was opening that we could setup an import to pass this limited information and have the screen generate all the combinations.  

The import does not appear to support passing that type of information.  I don’t see a select all column option and I can’t define the additional attribute.

Is this possible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@GJensen From 21R2, you are not required to have both Column and Row Attribute. You can create with just a single attribute. Example: If you have a Tshirt that you sell with just Size then in the Configuration tab make sure you select just one Attribute. Please see below screenshots. You have to have just that one attribute in Item Class otherwise the system will ask you to select all the Attribute in Template Item prior to 23R1. 

From 23R1, you can make Attributes inactive in Template Item that you dont wanna use. 

Userlevel 2

Thanks for that input and this is useful feature.  What I am trying to accomplish is to have an import scenario automatically trigger the “Create Matrix Item” action without having to pass all the combinations of child items.   When you launch the screen IN203500 manually you pass in two values the Template ID, and the “AdditionalAttibute” if required. You also need an action to flag all options.  

The import should pass values for three fields

Based on the examples I have seen, it is not possible to pass this required data. So we have to build out large excel sheets to meet this need.  This introduces the chance of many errors. Am I missing something?

Thanks

Gary

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@GJensen  Could you please check this article and let us know if it helps you.  

Userlevel 2
Badge

We recently upgraded from 2021 R1 to 2022 R1 and had to unpublish a previous version of this customization.  Is there a version of the customization available for 2022 R1?

Thanks,

John

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@KarthikGajendran thanks! this is very helpful!

@KarthikGajendran I have published the customisation but the Template ID field on Stock Item screen is not editable. I have selected various Item Classes but the field remains greyed out. We are using MYOB Advanced 2022.205, which is the equivalent of Acumatica 22R2 Build 5. Any ideas please?

Greetings,

Does this customization exist for  23.106.0050?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@kkomlodi82 Please check the below article

Userlevel 2
Badge

@KarthikGajendranI have published the customisation but the Template ID field on Stock Item screen is not editable. I have selected various Item Classes but the field remains greyed out. We are using MYOB Advanced 2022.205, which is the equivalent of Acumatica 22R2 Build 5. Any ideas please?

The same happens here. We have another custo on the same screen. We didn’t manage to get this working. It was working when it was the only custo on the tenant. Even with removing all other custos it is not going back in to operational state.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Just fixed it myself. The clue was to enable the field in RowSelected.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Sorry, i now realised that the activity of this custo was bound to feature “Commerce”. I changed it to feature “MatrixItem” now.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved