Solved

Shopify Plus Connector - RC Refunds

• 29 January 2024
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

We have a unique use case with RC Refunds imported from Shopify. We have setup a customization to require the sales person fields in Sales Order documents, this policy cannot be changed.

It is creating an issue with Shopify Refunds because there is no import mapping available for the Refund entity. We get an error because the default sales person field cannot be empty. Same issue with Sales Orders, but we used import mapping with Shopify Sales Orders to default the salesperson to “WEB” for all imported Shopify orders.

The only way for us to update a Shopify sales order as returned/refunded is to Return/Refund in Shopify and import to Acumatica, from what I understand. Therefore we need a customization until import mapping is available for the Refund entity.

I figured if we have a unique return order type (copy of the RC type) for Shopify returns then we could add a script to the Sales Order entry screen to automatically update the Default Salesperson field to “WEB” if the order type is RS (Shopify Returns) and RS is set to the Return Order Type for the store.

I suppose an alternative would be to customize the connector to allow import mapping for the Refund entity. The import mapping we used for the Sales Order entity is:

Sales Order → Advanced - Document.SalesPersonID - Order Data - =’WEB’

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

icon

Best answer by simonliang91 14 February 2024, 23:26

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@nathantrauscht , I think you can do it even easier than that. All of your RC coming from Shopify will have a value in the External Reference filed. Something like: 9872349872984 - Shopify.Com, where the numbers represent the order number, and Shopify.Com is your store name (from Acumatica Shopify Stores screen).

Now you can build a generic inquiry for all RC orders that have Shopify.Com in the External Reference field, but whose salesperson is empty.  And then use that GI to trigger a business even to update the default salesperson.  This approach doesn’t require any coding.

Now, if you’re so inclined, you can build a customization for this requirement, but it seems a little bit of an overkill for this one.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Yuri Karpenko I appreciate the idea, but this won’t work because we require the default sales person field to be filled. Thus, when the connector tries to import the RC order it fails and does not create an order in Acumatica

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@nathantrauscht , got you! In this case, I would go with the connector customization. This way, you avoid reliance on the new order type. As far as the effort, I think both approaches are very similar.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@nathantrauscht , I posted an article related to your question, I think it can help you.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@simonliang91 we will give that a try thank you!

On another note - we are using Shopify Plus B2B and many of our customers have Net 30 terms.

I noticed there is no exporting of payment records. I believe means, anytime we receive payments our account team needs to cross check any web orders and manually mark them as paid on the Shopify Plus store.

Do you know if exporting payments records to is on roadmap? In these cases, the payment would be made on the AR Invoice - so it would need to somehow link to the Sales Order/Web Order.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@nathantrauscht , as I know, Shopify doesn’t have an API to attach the Transaction while creating Order through API. That’s why we cannot support the Payment export.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@simonliang91 sounds like I need to put a bug in Shopify’s ear - it worked when demand they add a PO number field at checkout, pretty standard for B2B environment! 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@nathantrauscht , why don’t you record a payment in Shopify, and let Acumatica import it?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Yuri Karpenko that’s what we will have to do, but the problem is most of these customers purchase both through our online store and offline. So that means our accounting team has to cross check when ever we receive payments, it will require a lot of manual work in order to keep payment records straight.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved