Solved

How to set the order of side panel elements

• 6 June 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

We’ve added some side panels to the Sales Order entry form screen using simple customizations based on the instructions found here.

However, we can’t figure out how to modify the order in which the elements appear on the side panel. (i.e. SidePanelA appears 1st at the top, SidePanelB appears 2nd just under SidePanelA, etc.)

Anyone know how to make changes to this?

icon

Best answer by Anacarina Calvo 12 June 2023, 16:40

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Click the reorder actions button in the customization screen.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @mikeho 
You can change the order, using the action “Reorder Actions”. Then select the side panel and use the Move Up and Move Down actions. If needed, mare sure to refresh the view to show the updated side panels. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @Anacarina Calvo & @Jeff96 - that’s what I thought, but the order I set in the Reorder Actions section did not affect how it appeared on the screen.

Reorder Actions:

Side Panel:

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Did you republish?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Jeff96 - I set the order before I published for the first time. Are you suggesting that republishing again (without making any changes) might fix that?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Jeff96 - I set the order before I published for the first time. Are you suggesting that republishing again (without making any changes) might fix that?

No.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

As far as I can tell, this appears to be sorting alphabetically based on Action Name. I tried deleting the Kit Details side panel from my previous example and re-adding it with the Action Name set as “Kit Details” (it was previously something else); after publishing it is now displayed 2nd in the order.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @mikeho 
If you close and open the Reorder Actions dialog box, or if you use the refresh action within the dialog box, does it show the list as you want it to be displayed or as it is currently shown on the UI? 
In my test environment, after changing the order of one line and closing and reopening the dialog box, it did not show the order as I wanted it. To solve this, I had to move not only one line but all lines up and down. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved