Solved

Error in Shopify Sync History Screen

• 15 December 2023
  • 18 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I will occasionally get this error in the sync history preventing an order from importing into Acumatica. The inventory ID is not missing from the item on Shopify, and exists in Acumatica. See below for the highlighted error. Has anyone else experienced this and know the root cause of the error? 

icon

Best answer by mralyea 16 January 2024, 15:04

View original

18 replies

Badge +1

Hi @mralyea , which sync record status do you have this item which is on the order?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@mralyea , based on the error info, the Inventory Item in the Sales Order details is empty.

If the order is imported from our Shopify connector, we have the code to verify the Inventory Item first before we save the order, if inventory item doesn’t find, we will throw an error message in connector level, but now there is an error message when the system tried to save the order, I think maybe there is a customization code in your instance and changes the item, please check.

This is the same error if you add a new item without the Inventory ID in the Sales Order screen

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi thank you, we have the ACU developer looking into this issue now as we do have a customization effecting the import.  Have another error code I was hoping you could help clarify. See image below, it is something to do with the phone number. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@mralyea , the error above must be related to the customer record, not the order. And it seems that your Shopify store is set up to allow customers to create accounts with their phone number, without an email. Even though it’s convenient for your customers, it’s not a good practice for integration with Acumatica, because in Acumatica, EMAIL is the unique field for a Shopify customer, not the phone number.

P.S. When asking questions, it would be very helpful, if you could provide screenshots with more context (screen, entity, etc.), together with the description of how you get this error (export orders, import orders, export customers, using SYNC HISTORY or PROCESS DATA screens, etc.).

Thank you!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Totally understood! So I do not think that is the root cause because we do require the email on the Shopify side, and this customer already exists in Acumatica. This error appears on the sales order entity where we are trying to import the order from Shopify. All of the customer information is the same on this new order compared to their previous order. Hopefully this provides more clarity.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@simonliang91 , have you seen this error before? I can see how it could be related to a customer record, but am really confused after the @mralyea latest comment above.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge

After more testing, I can clear the error by removing the phone number on the general tab of the customer account in ACU. Also to add further this is not consistently happening to every order, but happening just enough it has raised concern. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@mralyea , out of curiosity, after you cleared the phone number on the customer in Acumatica, then imported the order, is the phone number populated again or does it stay blank?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Yuri Karpenko It did not put the phone number back on the customer account. The error is stemming from the customer record having this same error under the customer entity (and it wants to be synced first), in both cases when I remove the phone number from this field it syncs both the customer records and the sales order.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Yuri Karpenko and @mralyea , this error is from Shopify side, if we push a new customer record to Shopify, Shopify will do the validation for the key info(Email, phone, zip code, etc.), if any of them cannot pass the validation, Shopify will return the error back the our connector. 

For your case, the phone number is existing in another Customer in Shopify store. Usually I will check whether has the same customer in Shopify before we push a new record, we will search the customer by Email first, if Email is empty, we will use the phone number instead. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@mralyea , can you find out if your Acumatica customer list has another customer with the same phone number?..  It seems like Acumatica is validating the phone number, and finds 2 records, and therefore throws an error -- this actually happens when you have 2 customers with the same email address and try to import an order.  But I’ve never seen it error on the phone number (maybe, I never tried it this way :)).

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Yuri Karpenko yes I built a generic inquiry earlier to find out if 2 customers possibly shared 1 phone number and in these scenarios that is not the case. Yes I agree, I have seen that on the emails and understand why, the phone number field trying to validate is very odd to me. Would you happen to know if Acumatica is trying to validate this phone number field in any way?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@simonliang91 , please see above - do you know the answer to this question? Could it be, that the connector code is checking for phone duplicates and throws this error? Thanks!

cc @mralyea 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@simonliang91 Okay, in this case I am not trying to sync new customer record. This customer is ordering a second order through the same account. When you say Shopify is kicking back this error, do you know if it is looking at the default address on the Shopify customer account or any address on Shopify (default or not)?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Yuri Karpenko and @mralyea , the validation is from Shopify side, Shopify doesn’t allow 2 customers with the same phone number. If the customer in Acumatica has both Email and Phone, we will use the Email to match the existing Customer in Shopify, we only use the Phone to do the match if Email is empty. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

The customer had both and Email and a Phone entered in this case.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @mralyea were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes this error was caused by a customization we installed. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved