Solved

Unable to Sort Groups in Report Designer (PM644000 AIA Style)

• 17 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Our client wants to have two separate continuation pages: one for the original contract, then one for any change orders.

I added a formula to group change orders separately - the client adds them in separate tasks starting with “CO”. This formula is working like a charm except the change orders always appear first. I’ve tried every group formula I can think of, changed between ascending and descending, etc., and get the same result every time.

Has anyone else come across this? If so, how did you address it?

First Group
Second Group

icon

Best answer by BenjaminCrisman 27 July 2023, 21:07

View original

4 replies

Badge +11

Do you have an additional sort order defined on the Sorting tab?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Not currently, but I tried both ascending and descending project task CD and it didn’t affect the output.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @kdavis45! The AIA report is not like other reports, in that it isn’t really meant to be customized.

From what I understand there is a structure/format pre-defined for how these AIA reports should look and so the ability to change the report by add/remove stuff from it is a somewhat restricted.

The data which runs in the report is actually fed to it directly rather than have the data be specifically pulled from the relations and filters, though these can still be manipulated it doesn’t mean the change will be reflected within the report unfortunately.

This is also why the report is not easy to get to in order to make these edits, it’s not an out of the box screen in the UI to navigate to, but instead is available to click to print from other screens so as to keep it from being easily accessed for editing.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Understood @BenjaminCrisman - thank you for the clarification!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved