Solved

Tabular Report not displaying correctly as a Subreport

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello,

I have a tabular report that I’ve generated.  It prints fine if it’s run as a standalone report.  It’s to summarize AR Invoice data to assist with invoice reconciliation to the supporting documents.  Along the left side I have the employees grouped by the field tickets/LEMs that the data came from (custom solution) and the columns are the inventory/labor items.  

The issues is when I add my tabular “LEM Summary” report to the AR Invoice, the rows are not grouping/displaying correctly.  At the beginning of the subreport I’m getting all my group header/footers, but for the detail sections, I’m just getting the records for employees with the first inventory item instead of all the employees.  All the rows do eventually print further down, but the grouping is not correct.

Here’s an extract of my “Invoice LEM Summary” when it’s embedded as a subreport in the AR Invoice template.  The only parameters for the subreport are the Invoice DocType and RefNbr.  All the data in the subreport is coming from ARTran.

For the highlighted LEM (timecard) in the invoice above there should be 8 employees listed.  Here’s what it looks like when I run the standalone “Invoice LEM Summary”

Because every invoice will potentially have different labour types, I have to have the summary section as a tabular report, as I cannot hardcode the inventory/labor item IDs as my column headers.  

Any suggestions on how to get the tabular report to display correctly when run as a subreport?  Or are we stuck running the “subreport” as a separate report.

icon

Best answer by meganfriesen37 15 October 2022, 00:32

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @meganfriesen37! Did you already find an answer to this issue?

As far as I know the tabular option will not work correctly due to tabular report reading left to right and main report reading top to bottom.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

We were not able to get the tabular report to run as a subreport (which would have been nice because then you just get 1 nice file to attach to the customer invoice.  Unfortunately the users have to run the Invoice report separately from the LEM report (Tabular report) and there was a specific request from the Acumatica customer to have the supporting documentation presented in the columns which necessitated a tabular report.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved