Question

Size of GI pulling into Power BI using Odata vs Export GI to Excel

• 21 April 2024
  • 0 replies

Hello, I am new to Acumatica but been working with Power BI for many years. I have been working on an integration to bring in invoice (SO LInes + Header) data. I have been able to connect to a GI and begin to import the data into Power BI. However, the query seems to stall out at 268MB. When I export the GI out of Acumatica to excel the spreadsheet is 27MB. The shape of the excel document is 187k rows and 35 columns. We are just looking at completed shipments/invoices so nothing open.

I am able to import a customer master table and an item master table without issue which are both under 4MB. We are using the Power BI incremental refresh as a way of managing the large amount of data Power BI tries to import.

Is there a reason Power BI seems to be trying to import more than 10x the size of the excel export?

What I am attempting to do is import each year in a separate GI. So 2022, 2023, and then the current year.

Here is the current year query to the GI. Very straight forward:

let
    Source = OData.Feed("https://companyxyz.acumatica.com/odata/Company%Name%Here/CY_Shipments")

in
    Source

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved