Solved

Setting Creation Date Criteria on GI

• 12 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello,

I have created a GI for daily orders and I am trying to set a condition so it only pulls orders created Today(). I have brought in the SOORder.CreatedDateTime and set the value1 to Today(). However that does not return any results. I am not sure it is due to the fact that the Created on has time included. But got stuck on something that fells like it should be a very easy Condition. I have included the GI below. 

Thoughts?

icon

Best answer by lauraj46 12 January 2023, 20:02

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Try using the OrderDate instead:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

That worked for me.  I believe the datatype is the issue.  If you want to use the CreatedDateTime, you would need to transform it to a Date datatype before comparing to Today(). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @byates ,

As @DavidEichner suggested, you could use the Order Date or convert Today to a datetype. 

If you do want to stick with the CreatedDateTime, a technique that I’ve found useful is to create a hidden parameter that defaults to Today.  Then you can use this parameter on the right hand side of the condition and specify the formula to convert the CreatedDateTime to a date field on the left hand side of the condition.  The GI builder is a bit particular about where formulas are allowed.  

I’ve attached a revised GI that does this.  Hope it helps.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks all for the suggestions. As an FYI, I need to use the created date rather than the SODate so that we pickup any SOs entered “today” regardless of the SO Date. ie Today we entered SOs dated yesterday, as we would want those included in the “Today’s new SO list” I will take a look at converting to Date data type.

Thanks and I’ll let you know if that works!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved