Skip to main content

Hello Acumatica community!

We are rather new with Acumatica but have been receiving some complaints from users when entering Sales Orders in the system because the codes entered don’t match with the selection the system does, especially comparing with the previous system.

When entering inventory items in the Sales Order screen (SO301000) using the inventory ID code the search return a result from the description found in the middle of the string instead of the first few characters, so the user ends up selecting the wrong code. The user was expecting to have the same results as he entered. Below, when searching for ef1 the first expected option would be “EF1 - EF1” and not “DXPT1-EF1”, thus rendering the problem.

We found out that by changing the “Search Condition” in the site preferences, the behavior of the field is the one we would like. However, this affects the whole system, we would like that to affect only one screen or GI.

I was able to find a topic from 2 years ago with the same problem but no answers.

I will keep searching for a solution as I feel this might have happened to other companies or implementations before and it makes a huge difference for our users.

Thanks and best regards,

Clauber

I spent a little time on this and couldn’t come up with anything, but I’d love to know the answer.

@cvianna I am not seeing anything other than the change you can make at the global level and sounds like you would need a customization

i found this on aug forums, where @TimRodman was able to add a custom field to the stock items screen and then added that custom field to the doc details → inventory ID on the SO screen.  this may be a possible fix for your scenario!

https://www.augforums.com/forums/everything-else/searchable-selector-fields/

Good luck!

@iqraharrison Thanks for your reply, I will investigate further on this, sounds promising. I will be sure to reply to this topic if I find a solution either way.

@darylbowman Thanks for the time you spent on this. I will let everyone know if I find a solution or if I come up empty handed.