Skip to main content

Hello to all - new to this community.  If this topic has already been addressed please kindly point me in the right direction.

We have the “Projects Module”.  Currently I have about 70-80 projects and would like to run a report that tells me revenue by “Task”  / “Actual Quantity” across all projects.  Any ideas?

Eric

HI @Eospina12 

Have you looked at the Project Transaction Details Inquiry?

@Eospina12

You can view the totals in each Project and task by using the “Project Balance” Report. You can leave the Report Parameters empty, then go to the Additional Sort and Filters tab and list the additional filtering conditions that the Account Group ID equals Revenue Equals Revenue AND Status equals Active (unless you want other statuses, you can add others or don’t include the status filter if you want all statuses).

We have made some modifications to our Project Balance Report, but here is what ours looks like with the filters.

Hello @Eospina12  ,

Have you considered building an ARM report in Finance module, to design your own reports by Task, to report tasks across all projects (not for just individual projects one at a time as shown above)?

In this example I list one Task at a time, across all projects in the first section. Then I add one line for all Tasks across all projects in the second section, to show you how Acumatica can automatically break out one line in a report design into many lines of TASKS that have balances:

With this approach, you can connect your Row Designs to different Column Designs to make many report variations, such as Account Groups across the page, Projects across the page, This year versus last year columns for ongoing projects, etc.

HTH,

Laura

Hello to all - new to this community.  If this topic has already been addressed please kindly point me in the right direction.

We have the “Projects Module”.  Currently I have about 70-80 projects and would like to run a report that tells me revenue by “Task”  / “Actual Quantity” across all projects.  Any ideas?

Eric

@Kandybeaty49 - PERFFFEEEECCCTTT   So thankful it was exactly and exactly what I needed.  Thank you!!

Happy to help!  😁

Hello @Eospina12  ,

Have you considered building an ARM report in Finance module, to design your own reports by Task, to report tasks across all projects (not for just individual projects one at a time as shown above)?

In this example I list one Task at a time, across all projects in the first section. Then I add one line for all Tasks across all projects in the second section, to show you how Acumatica can automatically break out one line in a report design into many lines of TASKS that have balances:

With this approach, you can connect your Row Designs to different Column Designs to make many report variations, such as Account Groups across the page, Projects across the page, This year versus last year columns for ongoing projects, etc.

HTH,

Laura

Wow - this is just as helpful!!!  Thank you!!  Learning so much