Solved

Restriction Coloumns in Report by specific user

• 29 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

We are going to have clients log into to Acumatica. In Report Inventory Valuation - IN615500 for sales team just wanna see their own stock without any information Total Cost of the items.

Fyi, Report Inventory Valuation with total cost field will use to others user/user roles such as admin, purchase teams.

Is it possible setting restriction total cost on these report by specific user/roles?

Note : Client perhaps not any customization report for this implementation phase 1.

icon

Best answer by Laura02 30 August 2022, 11:31

View original

4 replies

Badge +18

My first thought is to copy the report, remove cost figures and adjust access rights. Grant rights to the copy with cost removed to the users who can’t see the costs Grant rights to the original report with $$ value, to those users who are allowed to see the $$ value.

Yes technically this is a customization to the report, but it’s a quick one since you need only delete the $$ fields and save report as new name.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@ely36 I like where @laura01  was going with this option to have separate reports which only certain teams can use.

Pretty much any option you can use will require some level of customizing the report, as soon as you even just change the font or move a field 1px up/down, that is considered a customization.

But since we’re going to need to do make changes, another option which would just keep one report to use would be to capture an aspect of the user as an invisible report parameter and then create visibility expressions based on the populated data.

Since the user can’t see this parameter they can’t change it and will only see the data in the report relative to the user.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for responses , 

I agreed for make new 1 report for sales team n give restriction for access this report (Only for sales). But just wanna know, so is it cant do restriction ‘total cost’ on these report by specific user/roles?

Badge +18

Hello,

Yes, Benjamin said above, we can add logic into the report itself, using an invisible report parameter and visibility expressions:

But since we’re going to need to do make changes, another option which would just keep one report to use would be to capture an aspect of the user as an invisible report parameter and then create visibility expressions based on the populated data.

For example, I have used visibility expressions to show different logos on a report when the logo represented product lines.  We could not simply add many logos to the company screen.

In my report, I used an If statement on the logo images’ Visible Expression fields, to say something like:  If Product Class = ‘xxx’.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved