Skip to main content

Is there a report that totals prepayments by purchase order?  I am only looking for amounts that have actually been paid, not in process.

Hi @vmedwfalls 

There is a AP Payment register with Prepayment drop down option,

Please review and alter the report as needed.

@Manikanta Dhulipudi, Thank you for your reply.  That report is helpful but doesn’t quite get me what I am looking for.  I need something that shows the PO that the prepayment was made against.  I know not every prepayment would have to be tied to a PO but I need a report that lists all my PO’s which would include any prepayments made against that PO.  I am also aware that I can go into the PO itself and see what has been paid in terms of prepayments, but what I am looking for is a list of my PO’s where the total amount of prepayments is shown.  I know it can be done, just not sure if it already has been done and I am missing it.

hello @vmedwfalls ,

Did you try adding Prepayment amount to the Purchase Order preview list?  Users with Customization role can edit generic inquiry/Preview Lists.

Edit Generic Inquiry
Follow steps to Add Related Table -  POOrderPrePayment
Check Join Type: should be Left, to include all PO’s regardless of Prepayment amount.
If you want one Prepaid Total per Purchase Order, add Grouping.
On Results Grid tab, add AppliedAmt field with aggregation by SUM and Caption.
You have added Prepaid Amount to your Purchase Orders List!

If you are seeing Payments that are not open, not released, use the steps above to add APRegister DAC to your generic inquiry, and add Conditions to Conditions tab of your G.I. to include where APRegister.Status does not equal Hold, Balanced, Pending Approval, etc.

Laura

@Laura02 

I am working on this.  I haven’t quite got the right answer yet as I haven’t been able to sum all of the prepaids that make up the total for a single PO.  I think it is the last step you mentioned that I need to tweak as we have some prepayments that have been paid and some that are waiting to be paid and the only ones I want are the ones that have been paid.  We have more milestone payments and we set up the milestones as prepaid requests so we can track the expected date of payment.

Hello,

The Grouping setting together with the Aggregate Total = SUM is what provides the total on the Prepaids per each PO.

Laura

Thank you all for the responses.  These are very helpful!