Solved

Report Designer - Report Footer Variable Totals Issue

• 17 August 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hello, I’ve ran into an issue with a custom report built through the report designer where my totals in the report footer have not been totaling correctly or at all. All of my totals are in variables currently and I’ve got numerous totals to show. I noticed though that if I take the formula from the variable and throw it in just a normal text box, it sums up correctly. This is happening for all variables in my report footer for some reason.

For instance, my RptTotEstFee variable here (all created in report footer):

With the full value expression:

=iif([@InclDeduction]=1, sum([OpenFileReport.OrigEstimate])-sum([OpenFileReport.OrigDiscAmt]),sum([OpenFileReport.OrigEstimate]))

I took that same formula and threw it in a TextBox instead of using a variable (tough to show it, but the entire formula is in that text box), also took the CashRcvd variable and did the same thing:

Then when running the report, we are shown the first record of the data’s value on the variable and the actual total for the text box below the variable. 

This is the third custom report where I’ve summarized the data in the footer using variables without any issues, so not sure why they suddenly no longer work. I have group footers with variables that sum up without any issues. Biggest difference is this report doesn’t utilize the detail section. I threw in some values there to test if that was the issue but it made no difference. 

Footer properties:

Anyone have any ideas why footer variables wouldn’t be working? Let me know if I can provide any additional information. 

Thanks, 

Adam

icon

Best answer by BenjaminCrisman 29 September 2022, 18:13

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @AJohnson ! I see that this post is considerably old and you might have already solved it?

If not I think you may need to either configure the section of the report where the variables are collected, or try adjusting the Reset Group to make sure the variable is properly getting reset, and lastly I would try checking the process order to see if this is affecting the outcome.

Are you still experiencing this issue?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved