Solved

Report Designer - Create Date Parameter

• 24 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, I am currently trying to create a custom report which shows AR Payments. One of the report parameters I want to create is a From Date and a To Date parameter which lets us filter the database for payments based on the given dates.

I have created the following parameter in the build schema of the report

The parameter is then used to compare the date values of a DateTime column like so:

The report is saved to the server, and the parameters show up as expected however if we were to set a date in the parameter:

The following error appears:

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 24 January 2023, 07:10

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi, @naufal58  Error is related to the conversion issue.

The system is trying to convert the Date to Bool, which is causing this issue. Can you please provide the ViewName like below and verify?

=Report.GetFieldSchema('ARRegister.DocDate')

​​

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, Naveen. Thanks so much for the reply.

I’ve tried setting the view name as suggested.

However, the error still occurs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @naufal58 ,

Is the user defined field (ARRegister.usracnmClear...) a date field?  Based on the error message my guess is that it might be boolean.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Laura, thanks for the reply. Yes, the custom field I created is of the datetime data type. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi all, thanks so much for the replies, it was very helpful. I was so desperate so I just recreated the report. Same parameters, same filters, same tables, same relationship, all of it was the same and for some reason the new report works fine.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Great @naufal58  I’m glad that I helped you with this.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved