Solved

Report blank when sent through Business Event

• 11 January 2024
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello! I’ve created a business event to send out an email with an attached form (AP payment remittance) whenever it is triggered (or payment is issued). I’ve created this same exact event and form in another tenant and it works perfectly! However for some reason in this one, it will send the email and form, but the fields appears blank. I’ve tried recreating the event and form several times and nothing seems to be working. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

icon

Best answer by lbarker 18 January 2024, 09:54

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@ashleyb i had a similar issue with the Additional remittance form. would love to find out the cause!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Connor Morse  I know you have fixed these kind of issues, could you assist?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

hI @ashleyb Could you please share the business event configured.

Please check the paramater are added in the email template if it is coming blank.

Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge

Are u passing the inquiry results as parameters to the report in the email notification template?  If its blank, it means the event isnt passing parameters to the report.

Check the “Attached reports” setup in the notification template.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @lbarker yes I believe so:

Userlevel 4
Badge

hi @manikantad18 here is the business event:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @ashleyb 

Please add the notification template and business event attached.

Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @manikantad18 here you go! (1) is the email template

Userlevel 4
Badge

It all seems ok.  I would suggest then that perhaps the values going to the report parameters itself is not in the correct schema, like if you send an ID field and the report needs a CD field. 

If you put the parameter values in the email body and fire the event and see if it fills the values in the email in the same format as if you need it to be to run the report manually. 

Maybe try not send the document type, and set a default for this parameter in the report so you only send the payment reference and see.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello @lbarker thanks for your help! I added the parameter values to the body of the email (on the email template) and those showed up fine. I then removed the doctype from the report parameters and it still showed up blank. Thinking I might need to reach out to Acumatica at this point.. I’m at a loss..

Userlevel 4
Badge

Something I had today, and I unticked “use event as Datasource” on mine, and then it worked.  You can still pick the data from the tables in the parameters.  Try that and see if it works for you.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@lbarker that did the trick!!!! thank you SO much!! :) 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved