Solved

Purchase Receipt Inquiry PO-Receipt - Add Order Number

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Has anyone figured out how to add the PO Order Number(s) to the PO Receipt inquiry?

Looking at the the inquiry editor, it looks like a table and relationship needs to be added.

Since you can have multiple PO Orders per Purchase Receipt, I believe this would be a one to many relationship.

It would be very helpful to be able to see the PO Order Numbers in the inquiry instead of going into the Purchase Receipt.

Alternatively, it would be helpful to add Purchase Receipt reference numbers to the Purchase Orders inquiry.

icon

Best answer by marina25 3 February 2023, 21:18

View original

20 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Has anyone figured out how to add the PO Order Number(s) to the PO Receipt inquiry?

Looking at the the inquiry editor, it looks like a table and relationship needs to be added.

Since you can have multiple PO Orders per Purchase Receipt, I believe this would be a one to many relationship.

It would be very helpful to be able to see the PO Order Numbers in the inquiry instead of going into the Purchase Receipt.

Alternatively, it would be helpful to add Purchase Receipt reference numbers to the Purchase Orders inquiry.

Hi Nathan,

You are correct that it could be a One-to-Many Relationship. 
I would proceed like this:

Take a copy of the Inquiry and work with Add Related Tables to add the PO Order Table. If the result is as expected and works after you add the Field, great! If not, I would recommend exploring Side Panels if you are in 2022R2 or above. There you can have a side by side view of Purchase Receipt and Purchase Orders connected to it. 

If you need help with that, feel free to ask additional Questions!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@krausef77 adding the PO Order Table gives the field “OrderNbr” but it does not show any results, probably requires some relations/parameters?

Anyways, looks like the default side panels from 2022 R2 includes a quick view of the purchase receipt where you can see the orders tab.

Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@krausef77 adding the PO Order Table gives the field “OrderNbr” but it does not show any results, probably requires some relations/parameters?

Anyways, looks like the default side panels from 2022 R2 includes a quick view of the purchase receipt where you can see the orders tab.

Thank you!

If you share the Inquiry as .xml or Screenshots of the Relations you have set-up the Community could take a deeper look if needed.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@krausef77 I’m not really sure where to start.

I know how to add the table, but not sure how to setup the correct table relationship.

Any assistance is appreciated. The side panel is great, but what we really want is to be able to filter/search by PO Order number. There is a “origPONbr” within the POReceipt table, but that displays no results in the inquiry.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Do you mean you want to see this below?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@marina25 Originally, we wanted to show the PO Order Number in the PO-Receipt inquiry. But, we also want to show the PO Receipt Number in the PO-PurchaseOrder inquriy.

Did you add the POReceipt table to the PO-PurchaseOrder inquiry? Also, I wonder if this will list all of the PO Receipt Number relating to the PO Order Number?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@krausef77 I’m not really sure where to start.

I know how to add the table, but not sure how to setup the correct table relationship.

Any assistance is appreciated. The side panel is great, but what we really want is to be able to filter/search by PO Order number. There is a “origPONbr” within the POReceipt table, but that displays no results in the inquiry.

Highlight the PO Receipt Table and click Add related Table:

Search for POOrder and hit Select Related Table when you marked the POOrder Table Line.
Click Add. 
Acumatica will do the Join for you.

Confirm after adding the necessary fields that the Results are the same (that’s why I always take a copy for Testing, so I do not mess with the native Inquiry):

I hope this helps for Starters

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Try to import this GI XML 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@marina25 this almost worked, but I suspect we are running into an issue because of 1-to-many relationship. I tested briefly how it would react to a PO Order with multiple (2) PO Receipts.

It shows the first PO Receipt but not the second PO Receipt in the GI. Also, it duplicates the “Order Qty” in the GI. In my sample, the original order qty was 100. I did a PO Receipt for 50, then for the remaining 50. In the GI it shows the first PO Receipt and the order qty as 200 instead of 100.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Then you need to group by multiple parameters and I am using the PO inquiry not PO Receipt. The repetition is driven by grouping and PO Receipt Line.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@marina25 I imported the xml to the PO-PurchaseOrder GI. Any suggestion on the additional grouping parameters required?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Try some of the fields from the drop down below

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

It duplicates the quantity received from PO GI. I would need to add PO from PO Receipts GI. I will work on it and will post it. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@marina25 I appreciate your help!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Try this table from Purchase Receipts

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I think this should work for you.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@marina25 thank you for sharing - I will give that xml a try

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @nathantrauscht  were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Chris Hackett / @nathantrauscht ,

I tried the join  POOrderPOReciept with the POReciept and it worked as required. It is fetching the PO# on the PO Receipt GI.

Attaching the XML file.

Cheers!

Shilpi

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved