Solved

Product catalog duplicating the inventory items

• 19 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi Guys,

I am trying to create a report for the inventory items through a catalog:

I have gotten to a point where the layout is correct but I can’t seem to get the list correct in the sense that it is duplicating each item as above. 

The design:

The relations:

Filters:

Does anyone have an idea of what the problem could be?

icon

Best answer by lauraj46 26 October 2021, 21:05

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @francoisroux96 ,

The report is printing duplicates because there is nothing to tell the report processing to read the next record for the 2nd column. 

Some of the built-in Acumatica reports with two columns make use of the ‘next’ function.  For an example, you could take a look at the report IN619200.  The idea is to print two records together in one detail section, and then conditionally hide the section on every other record.

The visibility formula for the detail section would be something like this: =($IndexRow%2=1)

$IndexRow is a variable that increments on every detail section to keep track of the current row.

In your report, since there could be multiple detail records within a header grouping, the ‘next’ function might not work because I believe it will read the next detail record, which is not necessarily the next inventory item.  If you can’t restructure the query schema to return just one row per inventory item then another idea would be to create some additional variables to keep track of the field values for two different items at a time as the report moves through the detail, then print the saved variables information from two inventory items in one section together.  Similar to the example above, you could make the footer section visible only on every other inventory id footer.  I haven’t worked out all of the details, but I think it could be done. 

Let me know if this helps!

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved