Question

Print to DH to a PDF printer that Auto Saves and won't interrupt DH Print Jobs because of a Preview

• 27 June 2023
  • 0 replies

I have a client that sends a lot of Automatic Reports thru Device Hub. All of these reports are assigned to different printers and users. These are print Jobs they don’t want to see a preview and print right away, like labels and other forms after an action, like SAVE. Any other report new or not, prints the Acumatica way, using the web browser, which means a Print Preview, selecting a printer and so on, no DH required.

These dedicated reports and users to specific to printers are high maintenance, but works and my client is happy. The downside is that the reports that are married to this setup, must be maintained and all  reports must have a printer/user assigned.  Now we have one user (new employee) that does not see the need to waste paper or print every single time. I assigned the report to a PDF printer but it created issues with DH and would halt all other print jobs until Cancel or a File name was given. He needs to save, not print and move on...not even a preview.

Solution: I downloaded *********.exe (not sure I can give the App Name thru here) that has an Auto Save feature, installed it on print server and added to DeviceHub as any other printer. Then I assigned the report to print to PDFNOPREV printer for this specific user and works like a charm! He saves, he can’t even tell that it created a Print Job, and moves on!!!

On Print Server, this printer saves the PDF file in a temp folder (which btw no one will ever see or pull). I also created a BAT file that will delete these saved files every night. :)

This was a breakthrough for me and my client so I thought I share this in case someone else out there might need something like this.  

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved