Solved

Pivot Table Format Property - Inherit color coding from GI Style

• 6 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’m curious if this is possible: Can the Pivot Table Format property use color coding?

Using: Acumatica 2022 R2

We have a generic inquiry whose field values are color-coded based on a string value, using the SWITCH formula. This piece is working fine.

Example:

=SWITCH([SOLine.InventoryID] = 'DELRETNSCCURM','yellow20', [SOLine.InventoryID] = 'DELINISCCU','orange',[SOLine.InventoryID] = 'DELREDLRRRM','green', [SOLine.InventoryID] = 'DELFNLSCRR','blue', [SOLine.InventoryID] = 'DELINISCCURM','orange20', 'default')

This gives the customer some desired color-coding when they view the Inquiry on a screen.

But when I create a pivot table from the inquiry, the color coding defined in the Style property of the GI disappears.

It would be ideal if either:

1. the pivot table would honor the Style property that I assigned against the field in the inquiry; or
  1. the pivot table could respond to the Format property defined against the field in the pivot. 

It looks like the Pivot Table format property (according to the documentation) can only cope with formatting numbers, dates or segmented key values, rather that string values. 

Any suggestions?

Snip from documentation

I see this community idea but it has to do with presenting totals & subtotal values in darker shades, rather than what I’m after, which is presenting string values with color-coding.

icon

Best answer by BenjaminCrisman 6 March 2023, 16:08

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@AWelty24 I would recommend to make a new idea which focuses on the topic you’ve raised, because I think it’s a good idea and could be very useful for interpreting data, given that pivots can be a lot to take in for some users.

The style options were introduced as a feature around the time that it looks like the mentioned idea was shipped, so I don’t know if a correlation to pivots was seen or investigated yet.

So while it may not be an option at the moment I would definitely recommend to submit the idea

Userlevel 3
Badge

@BenjaminCrisman Thanks for the heads up; I added it on the Ideas area: thank you.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved